PF Chang Lettuce Wraps

I remember liking the lettuce wraps at PF Chang but it's been such a long time since I had them, I honestly don't remember if this recipe is an accurate cheat. Oh well. We like lettuce wraps. We'll pretend.


Today's cast.

The recipe calls for ground chicken. I had pork. The important thing to remember when browning the ground meat up is to keep smashing it so it ends up in small crumbles rather than chunks.


I finally bought a ceramic ginger/garlic grater. You can't beat it for getting the most out of fresh ginger.


I added the ginger to the pork along with a diced onion, garlic, shoyu, hoisin, and rice wine vinegar.


Sriracha is an optional ingredient. We like some heat so I substituted Momspice!


Finely chopped water chestnuts--I like chopping them; they are a nice crisp chop. Like bell pepper. I know. Weird.


The water chestnuts and chopped green onion were added. My family likes green onion so I put in extra.


Mānoa lettuce--it's absolutely beautiful and so much bigger than the ones we had growing up.


Along with the dragon tongue beans and crimini mushrooms, dinner was very green and brown. It was also low carb and quite delicious! I would use Romaine next time; the Mānoa was delicious but it is a softer textured lettuce and didn't hold up to the wrapping part as well. The filling was nice and gingery and the Momspice was a great sub for the Sriracha--flavorful and a nice amount of warmth.


Here's the promised link:

PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kincaid's/Ryan's Grill-Style Pea Salad

Anthony Bourdain's Macau-Style Pork Chop Sandwich

Paul Hollywood's Mum's Ginger Biscuits