Nadiya's Egg Rolls

 Nadiya Hussain is one of the few Great British Bake-Off winners/contestants that I actively follow. I enjoyed her Netflix special "Time to Eat" and I like the way she uses shortcuts to create satisfying meals for her young family. My family's not young, but I like shortcuts and they like satisfying meals, so here we go.


Here's tonight's cast.


The eggs were beaten with a bit of salt, pepper and garlic powder.


I added a glug of heavy cream.


I was looking for a sun-dried tomato paste to spread on the tortillas but found this instead. A bit chunky for my purposes but it was quite tasty. I could have thrown it in the blender for a quick puree, but I didn't feel like it. So there.


The sun-dried tomatoes were spread onto the tortillas and put aside for a bit.


I heated avocado oil in a small pan.


Just enough egg mixture is added to cover the bottom of the pan.


Then the toppings were added. I used baby bellos, cheddar cheese and chopped parsley.


The tortilla was placed tomato side down onto the egg and pressed firmly against it. 


And after about 30 seconds, the whole thing is flipped so the tortilla can heat and take on a bit of color.


And that's it! I think I filled my rolls a bit generously because it was hard to, well, roll them.


I served them alongside roasted broccoli and cauliflower. The possibilities for filling are numerous and I think I'll go for bigger tortillas next time!They were a bit messy but quite tasty and a nice, quick veggie meal. Easy-peasy, as Nadiya would say!

Here's the promised link:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kincaid's/Ryan's Grill-Style Pea Salad

Anthony Bourdain's Macau-Style Pork Chop Sandwich

Paul Hollywood's Mum's Ginger Biscuits