Sally's Favorite Cranberry Sauce

 So every now and again I try different recipes for homemade cranberry sauce. I haven't found "the" one yet and I think the main reason I cook it is because I like it when the berries pop. Don't judge.


Today's cast.


I zested the orange and put it aside.


I used the reamer to break down the orange a bit and then squeezed out all that juice!


The cranberries (except for 1/2 cup) were put into the pot along with water, brown sugar and the orange juice.


I brought it to a boil then reduced it to a simmer and stirred frequently.


The popping begins!


After a while all the cranberries had popped but I kept stirring to get rid of some of the liquid.


Once it was nice and thick, I removed the pot from the heat and added the zest, the reserved berries and the vanilla extract.


Once it cooled, it was nice and thick and I don't think reserving the 1/2 cup of cranberries for additional texture were necessary. There were enough berry pieces to keep the sauce chunky.


The recipe more than filled a pint-sized jar. I ate the rest.  It was tangy and cranberry-y but I'm not sure if it's the recipe I have been seeking. I'll keep looking and popping.

Here's the promised link:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kincaid's/Ryan's Grill-Style Pea Salad

Anthony Bourdain's Macau-Style Pork Chop Sandwich

Paul Hollywood's Mum's Ginger Biscuits