Roasted curried cauliflower

 Roasted cauliflower and broccoli are two veggies I can't get enough of. There was a time when I only bought one head of cauliflower at a time. Silly me. Two at a time is so much better. More = leftovers!


Here's the cast--the cauliflower was still in the fridge. Because they're like that.


It's such a simple recipe--the lemon juice is combined with the oil, spices, garlic, salt and pepper.


I whisked the mixture to emulsify it.


Then I cut the cauliflower into florets. I decided to do a plain roast on one of the heads--just avocado oil, salt and pepper.


The mixture was tossed with the cauliflower and onions.


I spread them onto a foil-lined baking sheet and popped them in at 425F for about 30 minutes. Since I had two pans, I rotated them after about 15 minutes.


The cauliflower were nicely browned all over (the picture doesn't show it but there was also a yellow undertone due to the curry. The curry flavor was present, but mild, and I personally thought it needed a bit more salt, which I added. The guys liked it but when all is said and done, the non-curried cauliflower had less to pack up for leftovers!

Here's the promised link:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kincaid's/Ryan's Grill-Style Pea Salad

Anthony Bourdain's Macau-Style Pork Chop Sandwich

Paul Hollywood's Mum's Ginger Biscuits