Baked Parmesan Zucchini

Yesterday was a difficult toddler granddaughter day--let's put it this way, she had such a huge, long-lasting tantrum that the painter who came to do touch-ups on the window repair asked if she was ok. Sigh. To work out some lingering frustration on my part, I decided to try a new way of fixing zucchini other than my usual butter, salt and pepper sauté.

Here's the cast.

Put a rack onto a rimmed baking sheet and give it a good spray with some non-stick.

The herbs, salt, pepper and cheese were put into a bowl--in the recipe she sprinkled the mixture onto the oil-coated zucchini but I thought I would try tossing it instead.

I had some of the Kraft powdered Parmesan that I wanted to use up so I threw that in and the balance of the cheese was shredded Parm that I crumbled with my fingers as I tossed.

The zucchini was cut in half horizontally then each half was cut into eighths.

I drizzled the zucchini pieces with oil, tossed them around...

Then put them into the coating mixture.

I really should have separated them into two pans so each slice had more room. The recipe I followed had all the slices neatly spaced. She said she used four zucchini and one pan. I used four zucchini and there is no way they could have fit so perfectly on one pan as she showed in her photo. Her picture was prettier. Mine is realistic. That's my excuse anyway. Remember, screaming granddaughter tantrum.


The zucchini was baked at 350F for about 15 minutes until just tender and then broiled until the tops began to brown.

We don't have zucchini often and this was a definite hit that went well with the pork chops, mushrooms/beansprout/snap peas I also cooked. Chris said it was wonderfully satisfying! Next time--two pans.

Here is the promised link:

Baked Parmesan Zucchini

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kincaid's/Ryan's Grill-Style Pea Salad

Anthony Bourdain's Macau-Style Pork Chop Sandwich

Paul Hollywood's Mum's Ginger Biscuits